Holiday Organizing 101
Yes, it is that time of year. Santa’s in the stores, Christmas trees in the window and Carols on the radio. Are you ready for what at time seems like and daunting task getting organized for the holidays? Following are solutions to help you get through the holiday organized so you can enjoy this season full of festivities, friends, family and lots of fun.
Keeping Track Of It All
- Write everything down or use the notes app in your cell phone.
- Review family activities schedules once a week to ensure there will be no conflicts.
- Establish a place for a family bulletin board where information (dates, directions, tickets) are kept.
- Instead of keeping the entire catalog, rip out pages with items of interest
- Trash all junk mail
- Remove your name from all mailing lists (physical and electronic) you no longer wish to receive information from.
- Get rid of items not labeled or dated as well as items that have been in the refrigerator too long.
- Establish a use for each shelf (beverages, meats, etc.)
- Date and label all items that you store in the refrigerator.
- Plan meals weekly
- Learn the layout of your supermarket to save yourself time when shopping.
- Teach each family member to record their needs on the family shopping list.
- Create a master shopping list
- Establish a budget
- Create a checklist to include every detail that will make your party a success.
- Ask for help and learn to delegate
Personal Time ( Stress reducing time)
- Listen to music or read a book
- Treat yourself to a massage, manicure or pedicure
- Do nothing
- Treat yourself to lunch
- Spend time with a friend
Check out my podcast Got Clutter? Get Organized! for additional Holiday Organizing tips. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/janettaylor
Until next time… have a clutter free day!