The Organized Dad!
As we celebrate Father’s Day I wanted to share a few tips to help the Dads, Grandfathers, Uncles and men who want to clear their clutter and get organized.
- Schedule time weekly to put clothes away so they are not on the bed, exercise equipment or chair
- Use a small bookcase or side table with a shelf for reading material
- Have a valet/tray on the dresser for keys, change, wallet, jewelry
- Purge closet seasonally
- Schedule time to do laundry and put all clothes away
- Use shoe racks to organize shoes
- Schedule time weekly to toss expired food items in the refrigerator
- Use organizers to make utensils, dishes, pots and pans accessible
- Donate duplicates and items you will never use
The Living Room
- Establish a place to store all remote controls
- Create a system for all incoming mail
- Toss junk mail immediately
- Toss expired warranties and manuals no longer needed
- Purge files regularly and create a retention schedule
- Create a schedule to scan and shred documents
- Organize tools
- Use vertical space for storage
- If an item is broken or too expensive to repair get rid of it
After reading this are you inspired to clear those piles? Please share. If you are ready to get your life or someone you love organized check out my Power Keys Package so I can help you or them on the journey to living an organized life.